Fire in Blair Hall Tower Destroys Student Room

March 8, 1994 (~estimated)

Fire in Blair Hall Tower Destroys Student Room

Princeton Borough fire trucks responded to a call from Blair Hall on the University campus at 12:38 on Sunday morning. A student who was locked out of his room in Tower 2 saw smoke pouring from under the door, and then rushed to another room to call 911 for assistance.

When the fire department arrived, it was necessary to break down the door to the room. Upon entry, firemen reported that a couch, wall-hangings and other furniture were all ablaze. It took approximately 20 minutes to extinguish the fire.

Residents of nearby rooms were allowed back inside the 3 building at approximately 3 a.m. No injuries were reported, e but the room in which the fire occurred was destroyed. Adjoining rooms suffered severe smoke damage.

Borough fire officials determined that the cause of the blaze was faulty insulation on the wire of a halogen lamp. The students in whose room the fire occurred are currently living with friends until the University is able to provide them with permanent housing.

Leave a Reply