Firefighters Rescue Unconscious Woman From Apartment

November 2, 1995 (~estimated)

Firefighters Rescue Unconscious Woman From Apartment

Members of the Princeton Fire Department rescued a woman who had been overcome by smoke inhalation in her Palmer Square West apartment on Monday night.

According to police reports, the victim lit a fire in her fireplace, but neglected to open the flue. With no place to escape to, the smoke began to collect in the woman’s apartment.

A witness spotted smoke pouring from the second story window of the woman’s apartment at approximately ‘ 10 p.m.. and called 911. Firefighters were dispatched to the scene, but found the door to the apartment locked.

Receiving no answer to their knocking, and afraid that there might be a major fire inside, the firefighters knocked down the door and rushed into the apartment.

They found the fire was still within the bounds of the fireplace, but the apartment was full of smoke. The resident of the apartment was found unconscious, on the floor.

The victim, whose name was not released, was taken to the Medical Center at Princeton for treatment of smoke inhalation. Firefighters used fans to clear the apartment of smoke.

Leave a Reply