10 November, 1987
Stove Ashes Cause Fire In Great Road Structure
Ashes from a wood-burning stove are being blamed for starting a fire in a small wooden structure last week at a Great Road home_
Two fire trucks and about ten volunteer firemen responded to a 7:21 p.m. call Thursday. When police arrived they learned the ashes had been put in a trash receptacle and placed in-side a wooden structure measuring six feet square and ten feet high. The shack was burned and ten feet of picket fence were scorched by the fire.