Two Old Cars Destroyed In Lake Drive Blaze

May 12, 1993

Two Old Cars Destroyed In Lake Drive Blaze

Two old cars, a 1937 Buick Special and a 1962 Dodge Lancer were destroyed in a garage fire early Monday morning at 660 Lake Drive. A Chevrolet pickup truck parked in front of the garage was also on fire when firefighters arrived. No one was injured.

Township Fire Chief Raymond Bianco blamed a faulty electrical cord attached to an air compressor that had been left on from the night before as the cause of the fire. The entire garage was destroyed.

Ptl. Gary Conover responded to a 4:20 call in the morning reporting the fire. He requested a general alarm and 17 firemen from Princeton’s three companies arrived at the scene at 4:29. The fire was brought under control at 4:53.

Lt. Mario Musso identified the owner of the home at the 660 address as Mrs. Evelyn Martin. Ms. Martin was awakened, Lt. Musso said, by her son, 5 Keith, who said he had smelled smoke. When he looked out a window, he saw flames coming from the garage. Chief Bianco said that the owner was starting to restore the two cars that were inside the garage.

Leave a Reply