27 May 1981
Alarm is Sounded
For Mattress Fire. A general alarm was sounded at 1:46 Saturday afternoon and then canceled nine minutes later for a fire in a shed behind P.J.’8 Pancake House, 154 Nassau Street.
Police report that a mattress in the shed had caught fire and was destroyed. There was minimal damage to the shed. All Princeton fire companies responded.
Township police responded to the report of a fire early last week in a home at 90 Bertrand Drive. It had been extinguished upon the arrival of Ptl. John Seeley.
The fire was confined to the top of a kitchen stove, where grease beneath a rear heating element had ignited. There was no damage.