7 April, 1989 (~estimated)
Car Fire is Triggered By Short in Brake Wire
A fire in the trunk of a VW Rabbit last week was started, police said, by a short in the wiring to a right rear brake light.
Lt. Mario Musso said that the victim, a Township resident, smelled smoke coming from the trunk as she was driving last week on Route 206 near Herrontown Road. She stopped, opened the trunk and saw that two articles of clothing were on fire. In beating out the fire with another piece of clothing, the victim suffered a slight first-degree burn to her right hand but did not require medical aid.
Ptl. Robert Toole and Fire Chief Mark Freda responded to the scene.