1 August 1983
Similar Results. Princeton firemen responded to fires in four different settings last week and managed to give them all one common characteristic: they were extinguished quickly.
The first fire was reported at about 5:15 p.m. last Tuesday, July 12, in a construction trailer parked at the sewer plant on River Road. Two trucks and 12 men responded to the blaze, which was believ-
(Continued on Next Page)
ed to be caused by an electrical problem.
Damage was estimated at $2,000 and was limited to the exterior rear wall of the trailer, owned by the PKF Mark III construction company.
Three fires broke out on Monday. At 11:40 a.m. Township Police responded to ; a car fire on Route 206 near Mary Watts’ store. The operator of the car was Waltrand Stellwag of Flemington.
At 8:30 p.m. a fire was reported in a combine which had been parked in a field off Rosedale Road in anticipation of being put to work the next day. The blaze was extinguished quickly and was apparently set off by debris touching the overheated engine. The owner is Joseph Ruggieri of Washington Street, Hopewell.
Borough police were summoned to a Jefferson Road residence at 10:20 p.m. and found the homeowner in a smoke-filled kitchen, attempting to douse a stove fire with pitchers of water.
Sgt. William Fitch put in a general alarm and physically removed the owner from the premises. The firemen theorized that the fire began in
some newspapers placed near the stove. Damage was confined to the kitchen.