Fire fills house with smoke

26 January 1983
(date estimated)

Fire fills house

With Smoke. A chair fire in a home at 210 Constitution Drive Monday afternoon caused heavy smoke damage and partially burned a wall and rug.

According to police, Allan Wilson, the only occupant in the house at the time, had fallen asleep in a first-floor chair while smoking setting the chair on fire. A general alarm was sounded at 4:38 but only one fire truck with exhaust fans was needed. The chair was destroyed.

Leave a Reply