Fire in Hotel room

Town Topics
22 June 1983

Fire in Hotel Room

Electric Wiring Blamed. A short in electrical wiring is being blamed for a fire that damaged a box spring and mattress and bed in a room at the Nassau Inn.

Fire Chief William Rodweller said that he found the underside of the bed engulfed in flames when he entered the room after responding to a police call at 7:03 Sunday evening. The room’s occupant told police that she was watching television when she heard a popping sound near the rear of the bed. The lights went out and she saw flames coming from under the bed.

Det. Ronald Holliday, Sgt. William Fitch, Ptl. Anthony Federico and Ptl. Dennis McManimon responded along with the firemen. The occupant was not injured.

Township police report a minor electrical fire at the Clancy Paul computer store in the Princeton Shopping Center.

Police report there was a smell of smoke in the store at 12:06 Thursday morning when a starter in a florescent lighting fixture apparently overheated. No damage, just smoke, police said.

Leave a Reply