Princeton Packet (estimated)
9 May, 1984 (date estimated)
WAGGING TAIL BLAMED
In Couch Fire. A dog with a wagging tail is the suspect in a fire that destroyed a couch in a fire Saturday at the home of Mrs. Ann Allen, 78 Clover Lane.
Mrs. Allen told police later that she had been sitting on the couch in the family room around 7 p.m. smoking a cigarette. Her dog came by and his tail struck the lighted ash, knocking it to the couch. Mrs. Allen searched for the piece of ash but could not locate it.
Almost two hours later at 8:47 she noticed the couch was burning and called police. Sgt. Mario Musso responded and with the aid of firemen carried the couch from the house. It was a total loss.